Knowledge Base

What are the documents required to open an account and where do I send them?

in Opening an Account with RKSV
Tags: required documentstrading account

Required Documents

In order to open a trading account with RKSV, you will need to provide us a very specific set of required documents to open the account. This article will cover these required documents. The required documents are necessary as per SEBI regulations to ensure that fraudulent trading does not take place on your account. This article will also cover whether or not we send a RM (relationship manager) to your home to collect your documents.

Here are the required document to open an RKSV trading account.

  1. PAN Card Copy
  2. Address Proof Copy.The easiest way to satisfy this document requirement is by providing a copy of your driving license or ration card. You could also provide any of the following documents to satisfy the requirement
    • Passport/ Voters Identity Card / Ration Card / Registered Lease or Sale Agreement of Residence / Driving License / Flat Maintenance bill / Insurance Copy 
    • Identity card / document with address, issued by any of the following: Central / State Government and its Departments, Statutory / Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public financial Institutions, Colleges affiliated to Universities and Professional Bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI, Bar Council etc., to their Members.
    • Utility bills like Telephone Bill (only land line), Electricity bill or Gas bill – Not more than 3 months old
    • Bank Account Statement / Passbook – Cannot be older than 3 months
    • Self-declaration by High Court and Supreme Court judges, giving the new address in respect of their own accounts
    • Proof of address issued by any of the following: Bank Managers of Scheduled Commercial Banks / Scheduled Co-operative Bank / Multinational foreign Banks / Gazetted officer / Notary public / Elected representatives to the Legislative Assembly / Parliament / Documents issued by any Govt. or Statutory Authority
    • For FII / sub account, Power of Attorney given by FII / sub-account to the Custodians (which are duly notarized and/ or apostiled or consularised) that gives the registered address should be taken.
    • The proof of address in the name of the spouse may be accepted.
  3. Finally, you would need to provide us a copy of your most recent 6 month bank statement or the most recent
  4. year’s tax return (ITR) statement or last 6 months salary slip.

Please ensure that all the required documents are self-attested with your signature. You are then ready to go!

Will RKSV send an executive/RM to my home to collect my documents?

In a nutshell: No. The reason(s) are as follows.

One of the advantages you will have with trading with RKSV is our low cost structure. As a result, we do not provide any RM (Relationship Manager) services, even in Mumbai. And honestly, there is no need for an RM to come to your house to collect the documents due to the fact that the account opening procedure is so simple!

If you have any questions at all, you can feel free to contact us at anytime. We are here to serve you!